Black seed is classified as spice safe for use by food and drug administration and used all over the world as spice. The dry roasted black seeds provides flavor to vegetables, breads and curries. This also used in tresse cheese used in Middle East countries.
Nigellia sativa is flowering herb having purple or white-tinged flower widely occurs in Eastern Europe, Middle East and western Asia. This herb produces black small seeds that have been used as remedies for over thousands of the years.
Black seed also have historical importance as seeds were found in king Tut’s tomb believed for healing and protection.
When it comes to the taste, black seeds taste little bitter than cumin or oregano. Black seeds are also known as black cumin, black caraway, kalonji and black onion seed.
Black seed oil teds to have antioxidant properties that are better known to relieve inflammation in the body as inflammation is cause of many disease so black seed oil helps you to prevent any benefits.
FDA monitored the use of black seed oil and supplements.
Black seed oil benefits not only include health benefits this also provide cosmetic benefits.
Black seed oil benefits related to health
Black seed oil has been used for many years treat some of the common medical condition such as high blood pressure, asthma. This also has antifungal property due to which this fight against candida albicans. Candida albicans is a kind of yeast that can grow in the body and causes candidiasis.
Apart from this antifungal activity black seed oil has some other health benefits discussed below
Reduce high blood presume
One of the Black seed oil benefits is reduction in blood pressure. Consuming black seed extract for two months has been found to help in reducing high blood pressure in those people whose blood pressure is mildly elevated.
Maintain cholesterol level
Black seed oil benefits in reducing high cholesterol level. This is enriched in fatty acid that is good for health such as linoleic acids and oleic aids. Taking black seed oil on has been found to reduce high cholesterol level.
Linoleic acid tends to increase the good fats hence helps to maintain cholesterol level. People also have been seen this result on eating crushed black seed oil.
Relieving symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis
Black seed oil is rich in antioxidant that helps to reduce inflammation. Oral administration of black seed oil helps to relieve inflammation and relieve rheumatoid arthritis symptoms.
Improving asthma symptoms
Due to antioxidant property black seed oil believed to have effects on the extent to improving the symptoms of asthma. Asthma is medical condition associated with respiratory tract on which inflammation occurs in the respiratory airways that results in difficulty breathing or simply putting shortness of breath.
Black seed oil reduces inflammation in airways that results improving symptoms of asthma.
Alleviate stomachache and other stomach related problems
If you are suffering from stomach ache than take some black seed oil it helps you to reduce mild stomach pain and cramps. Taking this oil also help in other stomach problems such as bloating, reducing gas and reducing incidence of stomach ulcers.
Preventing and treatment of cancers
Black seed oil benefits in preventing cancers. It may help you to prevent skin cancers on topical application. This benefit of black seed exhibit due to its antioxidant properties as antioxidants scavenge free radicals that is one if the causes of skin cancer.
Although black seed oil is able to reduce the growth of tumors but these studies were not performed in the human beings so do not replace this with conventional anticancer drugs.
Black seed oil benefits to beauty
Having numerous health benefits Black seed oil also has several applications and benefits for problematic skin conditions. Due to having the richness of antioxidants and beneficial fatty acids black seed oil can treat skin conditions and available in any food store or pharmacies.
Some skin related benefits of black seed oil are listed below:
- Black seed oil softens hair and promotes hair growth when applied on the hair scalp by providing hydration.
- Black seed oil benefits in wound healing. This also reduces inflammation and reduces presence bacteria that can cause an infection in case of wound healing. Although it does promote growing new collagen fibers but it does promote other factors involving in wound healing.
- Black seed oil has been used as an ingredient in many skin moisturizer and creams as this helps in skin softening and hydration.
- According to the Journal of Dermatology & Dermatologic Surgery, applying a lotion prepared with 10 percent black seed oil has been found to reduce the incidence of acne after using for straight two months. Around 67 percent of the total subjects reported to found satisfaction in acne.
- Black seed oil also helps to reduce incidence of psoriasis on topical application.
Always remember not to replace black seed oil with your prescribed medication. Although oil has benefits to the skin at some extent but oil work more in addition of prescribed medicine.
Other Uses of black seed oil
Along with above mentioned health and beauty benefits black seed oil also have another uses.
- They are roasted and sprinkled over the toast and flatbreads like naan.
- Roasted Black seed also sprinkled over the biscuits and bagels.
- Top of Form
- Bottom of Form
- Black seed are widely used in western Asia and Middle East for giving flavor to the soups, curries and stir fried cuisines.
- They also used in preparation of pickles.
- Black seed also used to prepare different kind of spice with the combination of other seasonings like fennel, cumin seed and mustard by grinding them together.
Black seed has been used for over the years for medicinal purpose as well as provides flavors cuisines like curry, naan etc. black seed oil provide numerous health and beauty benefits.
Health benefits include reduce blood pressure, reduction in cholesterol and anticancer. Black seed oil also relieves stomach ache, bloating and ulcers.